Topham Vickers is an artist working in Ceramics and Mixed Media.
Topham lives and works in the village of Minnigaff near the town of Newton Stewart close by the
Galloway Hills in South West Scotland.
The source for the inspiration of my work comes from studying ancient forms of ceramics, both ceremonial and functional, from the Middle East and traditional bush pottery from Africa. I use both stoneware and earthenware clay in my work, employing a variety of techniques such as throwing, coiling, moulding and slabwork for the structural works. My pieces are then enhanced by complex surface finishes and firings to enhance the texture of the clay body. I run a series of courses at my studio in coil and slab building, and can be contacted for more details via this web site.
I am currently represented by Arts and Crafts South West Scotland at www.artsandcraftsouthwestscotland.com and by www.studiopottery.co.uk where more of my work can be viewed. Information on the local area can be found at www.newtonstewart.org.
Exhibitions which have shown my work are as follows:
- Crown Gallery 5 Lonsdale Street , Carlisle, 2011
- The Mill, Gatehouse of Fleet, 2009
- Scottish Showcase Gallery, Riverside Mills, Kircudbright, August 2007
- Kircudbright International Arts Festival, 9-29 July 2007
- The Craft Centre and Design Gallery, City Art Gallery, Leeds 2006
- Brantwood, Coniston, Cumbria 2005
- Museumman, Rodney Street, Liverpool 2005
- The Royal Glasgow Institute of the Fine Arts 2004
- The Lillie Arts Gallery, Milngavie, Glasgow 2004
- The Albany Gallery , Cardiff 2004
- The Wynd Gallery, Melrose 2003
- Glasgow Art Fair 2001 & 2002
- Dublin Fine Art Fair 2002
- Visual Arts Scotland ,Edinburgh ,2002
- Gracefield Art Centre , Dumfries ,2001
- Ottersburn Gallery , Dumfries 1999
|For purchase enquiries, you can contact me at |
Web design and database design by Stephen French who can be contacted at .